Are you a licensed Illinois Structural Engineer or nearly so? If so, our growing structural engineering firm could utilize your 5-10 years of experience in building structures. Join our fast paced environment and participate daily in project management and development of our EIT staff. This position reports directly to the principals of the organization.
We are looking for a Licensed Structural Engineer who is looking to advance their career. The successful candidate will either have a track record of project management or is interested in growing into that role in a fast paced environment. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, this position requires proficiency with structural design software and an ability to learn additional programs as required. Project management experience as it relates to cost and schedule analysis is preferred.
- Use sophisticated analysis tools to provide innovative and economical conceptual steel solutions, including schematic design, cost, and schedule information with special emphasis on multi-story residential structures, parking structures and office buildings.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, independently establishing goals and schedules for each one.
- Gather, analyze, and distribute cost and schedule information.
- Gather information on projects that have had a construction material selected to evaluate the effectiveness of the efforts of the company.
- Coordinate with the Principal to lead the project team and communicate with clients and other disciplines through all aspects of a project.
- Licensed Structural Engineer
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Must be well-organized and be able to work in a team environment
- Capable in AutoCAD
- Experience with client contact; excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated; proactive, problem solver
- Excellent leadership skills; mentor EIT and production staff